All About India (One of my Favorite Places in the World)
India is a very big and old place. They have lots of historic monuments and lots of neat places to go sightseeing. They also have their own music and their own way of dancing. They also have many languages. Here are 5 interesting facts about India:
1. The 22 main Indian languages are: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
2. Agra, India holds one of the seven wonders of the world: Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal was built for a king. He wanted a tomb for his wife so he built the Taj in her honor. And if you go here now, you can see the king and the queen resting in the Taj Mahal.
3. In New Delhi, India you can see a temple called the Akshardham Temple. It was completely carved out of stone. And if you go inside the temple you can see many beautiful paintings of many things.
4. Pakistan was once part of India. India got separated because: In August 1947 the British decided to stop their imprisonment over India and also divide it into 2 nations, Pakistan and India. Pakistan was for Muslims only and India was for Hindus only.
5. 70% of the world’s spices come from India. Some of these spices are: Red Chili Powder, Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Hing, Garam Masala, Ground Coriander and Tumeric.